|Research Article:||Needs Assessment in Competency of Hotel Professionals towards Executive Perception for Designing Undergraduate Curriculum|
|Author:||Likitkul Pumkasem, Supathra Urwongse, Siriporn Krutakart, Karnjira Limsiritong|
|Department/Faculty||Siam University, Bangkok 10160|
|Published||Test Engineering and Management Volume 83 July-August 2020 Page 1158- 1170|
Likitkul Pumkasem, Supathra Urwongse, Siriporn Krutakart, Karnjira Limsiritong (2020). Needs assessment in competency of hotel professionals towards executive perception for designing undergraduate curriculum. Test Engineering and Management, 83, 1158-1170.
Purpose of research was to determine needs assessment in competency of hotel professionals towards ASEAN, organization administrators or department regarding human resource management professionals since a three-star hotels to a five-star hotels, separating in 4 regions, 20 people in each region were studied, thus, total 31 Hotels. Questionnaires were applied regarding the needs in competency of hotel professionals towards ASEAN for 259 competency aspects. These were fundamental competency of employees in ASEAN Common Competency Standards for Tourism Professionals (ACCSTP) (The University of Queensland, 2016) which were analyzed with Thai Qualification Framework for Higher Education (TQF). The research was, especially, studied in hotel aspect from 4 departments 11 positions which were specified in undergraduate degree. Quantitative analysis were applied by principal statistic and Modified Priority Needs Index (PNImodified) for the significant of needs respectively. However, these needs of competency would be applied to design related undergraduate curriculums. Results of the research indicated that competency of hotel entrepreneurs towards ASEAN of common competency group were found that the most aspect which hotel entrepreneurs should be developed from high to low level within the first four questions were: Use basic mathematical and statistical techniques in processing and analyzing data (0.279); Implement occupational health and safety procedures (0.270); Maintain hospitality industry knowledge (0.267); Work effectively with colleagues and customers (0.267) respectively. Results of the study recommended that any institutions which provided curriculum regarding hotel entrepreneurs should be distributed the competency of these needs in the curriculum, concerning wisdom in service industry, language and culture, management including morality and ethics, marketing, and general operation.
Keywords: Needs assessment, Competency, Hotel professionals, ASEAN, Curriculum design.
Needs Assessment in Competency of Hotel Professionals towards Executive Perception for Designing Undergraduate Curriculum
Siam University, Bangkok, Thailand
- Thromboprophylaxis in Multiple Myeloma Patients Receiving Immunomodulatory Drugs
- The Perspective of Stakeholders towards the Problems and Solutions of Health Products Available Through Social Commerce in Thailand
- Prognostic Value of Serum Procalcitonin level for the Diagnosis of Bacterial Infections in Critically-ill Patients
- Formulation and in-vitro evaluation of fast dissolving tablets using superdisintegrant blend with effervescent materia
- Doripenem dosing regimens in Asian critically ill patients with continuous real replacement therapy
- Doripenem dosing in Asian critically ill patients with continuous renal replacement therapy
- Design and characterisation of electrospun shellac-polyvinylpyrrolidone blended micro/nanofibres loaded with monolaurin for application in wound healing