|Project Title:||Marketing the pride of Nepal: Goldstar Shoes|
|Author:||Ms. Simran Shrestha|
|Advisor:||Asst. Prof. Dr. Rathavoot Ruthankoon|
|Degree:||Bachelor of Business Administration (International Program)|
|Major:||Finance and Marketing|
|Semester / Academic year:||2/2017|
Shrestha, Simran. (2017). Marketing the pride of Nepal: Goldstar Shoes. (Cooperative Education). Bangkok: Siam University.
Modern Slipper Industries was launched in the mid-1970s. Since its inception, the group has established itself as the biggest footwear-producing group in Nepal. It falls under the corporate umbrella of “universal Group”. In early eighties, they introduced Hawaii Slippers called HATHI, which is now widely available throughout the country. In 1990, the company launched a mid priced, value for money brand called GOLDSTAR to service more price conscious markets. GOLDSTAR is a robust brand made with genuine materials and modern technology. GOLDSTAR is now sold in all over Nepal and gradually it is gaining popularity in Indian market too. Since its revamp in recent year, Goldstar has been able to capture majority of the Nepalese shoes market. Because of the price of the product along with the marketing efforts by the company, people gave Goldstar a warm welcome and the brand is able to associate itself with patriotic feeling.
Modern slipper industries have always prioritized the R&D of new cutting edge products, technology and customer service to expand the business into a new market, which has helped the company form a strong relationships around India and throughout the country with their distributors and their customers.
Therefore, to understand the market, I was assigned to research on the internal and external analysis of the company and assist with the marketing campaign of the products.
Keywords: Marketing, Patriotic feeling, Franchise, Production.
Marketing the pride of Nepal: Goldstar Shoes
Faculty of Business Administration, Siam University, Bangkok, Thailand
Related by advisor:
- A case study on the traditional marketing practices in a Construction Company
- A case study on the organizational behavior in a construction company
- Advocating the world’s oldest profession agriculture
- An effort towards building a better business ecosystem
- A case study on the quality assessment of product in a Construction Company
- SACCOS and Loan Clients: Periodical Growth of SACCOS and its Socioeconomic Import on Loan Clients
- Marketing in non-profit organization and overview on project closure