|Project Title:||The research of strategy for the 7-Eleven convenience store in Thailand|
|Author:||Ms. Mengyuan Wang|
|Degree:||Master of Business Administration|
|Major:||International Master of Business Administration|
Mengyuan, Wang. (2017). The research of strategy for the 7-Eleven convenience store in Thailand. (Independent study, Master of Business Administration). Bangkok: Siam University.
Convenience store, as the name implies, is the place to bring customers convenience shopping. Convenience store generally located near the residential area or near the company office building. It mainly sales and provides real-time commodity or service. Compared with other retail convenience store’s primary objective is the convenience. 7-ELEVEN in Japan is the world’s largest chain of convenience stores, which has been extended to the scope of more than twenty countries on four continents.
In Thailand, the first 7-ELEVEN convenience stores open in 1988. 7-ELEVEN has gradually become outstanding Thai retail. 7-ELEVEN is rapidly growing in Thailand in the Thai capital of Bangkok; almost every street has one or two 7-ELEVEN.. Formats pattern change very big. At present domestic retail industry is very competitive in Thailand. In addition to competition in the industry, they also face competition from other industries. Many other industries saw the success of 7-ELEVEN so they follow 7-ELEVEN, for example, the supermarket in order to attract more consumers to buy food, have extended their licenses. Many gas stations also opened 24-hour convenience stores; the traditional grocery stories also sell coffee, sandwiches, hamburgers and so on. Facing the competition, how does 7-ELEVEN in Thailand maintain its leading position in the retail industry, is the key to the sustainable development problem.
This paper uses porter five and tools such as SWOT matrix analysis, PEST analysis, combining the theory of enterprise strategy management and operation and management of Thai 7-ELEVENThe opportunities and challenges the 7-ELEVEN facing are also analyzed. At the same time, from marketing, logistics and information system, chain management, human resources, the four part, in-depth study of Thai 7-ELEVEN internal resources condition and enterprise competition ability, the Thai 7-ELEVEN own advantages and disadvantages are studied, and the future development of Thailand 7-ELEVEN rationalization proposal is put forward. The innovation of this paper is to study the strategy of 7-ELEVEN Thailand, analysis of its experiences and lessons, explore its future development trend, the hope can offer reference for Thai local convenience stores sustained development.
Keywords: Thailand，7-ELEVEN，Strategy，External and internal analysis.
The research of strategy for the 7-Eleven convenience store in Thailand
International Master in Business Administration (IMBA), Siam University, Bangkok, Thailand
- The Study of OPPO Mobile Phone Marketing Strategies
- Word-of-mouth marketing of small and medium-sized cost movies in China
- The research of strategy for the 7-Eleven convenience store in Thailand
- Research on Marketing Strategy for Qing-Feng Steamed Dumpling Shop
- The analysis of critical factors for mobile payment competition in China-evidence from Alipay
- A study of the key factors on foreign tourists’ satisfaction at the Taling Chan Floating Market in Bangkok
- Marketing in Chinese Online Games by Analyzing World of Warcraft & Dungeon & Fighter
- Human resource management optimization strategy for firm kaine
- Research on the development of Medical Tourism in Thailand
- An analysis of the development of personal finance business of Minsheng Bank