|Project Title:||Landscape of mobile wallet in Nepal|
|Author:||Mr. Iman Shrestra|
|Advisor:||Dr. Pichit Eamsopana|
|Degree:||Bachelor of Business Administration (International Program)|
|Major:||Finance and Marketing|
|Semester / Academic year:||2/2017|
Shrestra, Iman. (2017). Landscape of mobile wallet in Nepal. (Cooperative Education). Bangkok: Siam University.
This is a report on 3 month internship at CG Corp Global in Nepal. The internship is conducted as Cooperative Education under the supervision of Siam University and it is required for my graduation. The internship involved working on the CG Pay Project initiated by Chaudhary group. The product, CG Pay which is to be launched very soon in the market, is a mobile based mobile wallet application for providing mobile payment services to the consumers. In this process, I got to know about the current situation of mobile wallet in Nepal as the whole report is based on the research done in the mobile wallet industry of Nepal.
As a part of the project, I worked with the team of CG Pay at the CG corporate office. This report manifests the confrontation with a specific challenge given to me by my supervisor, the solutions to it and the learning as an intern under the project CG Pay during my internship. The challenge is a review on how to create value for customers of CG Pay different than that of its competitors in the market. After gaining insights through interactions with the existing mobile payment service providers and the company itself, the customers using mobile wallet services, Merchants and Agents providing these services, this report presents suggestions on how CG Pay can create value for its customers in contrast to the existing customers and gain market access. Thus, these tasks helped me to understand the current scenario of mobile wallet in Nepal and how it works.
On a personal level, while not free of its own challenges, this project brings with an experience both interpersonally and intellectually as well as in terms of extending networks in the corporate world.
Keywords: Mobile Wallet, Merchants, Agents, Customers.
Landscape of mobile wallet in Nepal
Faculty of Business Administration, Siam University, Bangkok, Thailand
Related by advisor:
- Non-Life insurance business: Investment, reinsurance, and risk management
- A study of general banking activities and analysis of how service fairness affects quality, customer satisfaction, and customer loyalty
- Overall banking system of Nepal Investment Bank Limited
- Principles and practices of foreign exchange management department, Nepal Rastra Bank: An overview
- Financial perspective on the procurement procedures of an international non-government organization
- Development of a new insurance product: An overview
- An internship report on “Accounts and financial activities of Rastriya Banijya Bank Limited”