|Project Title:||Non-Life insurance business: Investment, reinsurance, and risk management|
|Author:||Ms. Susan Chand|
|Advisor:||Dr. Pichit Eamsopana|
|Degree:||Bachelor of Business Administration (International Program)|
|Major:||Finance and Marketing|
|Semester / Academic year:||2/2017|
Chand, Susan. (2017). Non-Life insurance business: Investment, reinsurance, and risk management. (Cooperative Education). Bangkok: Siam University.
The goal of this study is to understand activities of a non-life insurance firm. Main objectives include: (1) to identify the investment activities undertaken by the organization, (2) to be familiar with the reinsurance process practiced, and (3) to understand the techniques used for risk management. To achieve the objectives with concrete outcomes, this study is designed as a quantitative study that aims to find the optimum investment diversification.
The study revealed that MTI will have high return on investment (ROI) if it invests mostly in debentures. It is also found that most of the earning is from motor insurance as less number of claims occurred in comparison to non-motor. Also, most of the investment activities were within the limit set by the Office of Insurance Commission (OIC), but a few were not which included stock, unit trust equity and other funds, real estate and property fund, as well as the industry investment limit exceeded for finance and securities.
Keywords: Investment, Reinsurance, Risk Management.
Non-Life insurance business: Investment, reinsurance, and risk management
Faculty of Business Administration, Siam University, Bangkok, Thailand
Related by advisor:
- A study of general banking activities and analysis of how service fairness affects quality, customer satisfaction, and customer loyalty
- Principles and practices of foreign exchange management department, Nepal Rastra Bank: An overview
- Financial perspective on the procurement procedures of an international non-government organization
- Development of a new insurance product: An overview
- An internship report on “Accounts and financial activities of Rastriya Banijya Bank Limited”
- Landscape of mobile wallet in Nepal
- Overall banking system of Nepal Investment Bank Limited