|Project Title:||A study of the effect of organizational politics on employee turnover in private institution in Nigeria|
|Author:||Mr. Dare Oluwatobi Adekoya|
|Degree:||Master of Business Administration (International Program)|
|Major:||Human Resource Management|
Adekoya, Dare Oluwatobi. (2018). A study of the effect of organizational politics on employee turnover in private institution in Nigeria. (Independent study, Master of Business Administration). Bangkok: Siam University.
The existence of organizational politics and the way it is handled in an organization is very important to the success of every organization. Employee turnover is one of the most-cited problems in organizations which need to be properly addressed. It is one of the aspects which alters the organization’s strength and is thought-through to be one of the controversies facing today’s organizations. Studies have shown that organizational politics is one of the culprits implicated in employee turnover. Organizational politics plays a great role in how employees relate to each other at their workplace. This study was carried out to study the effect of organizational politics on employee turnover in private organizations in Nigeria. The research aims to shed light on both the positive and negative impacts of organizational politics in a working environment and ultimately, employee turnover in organizations. Questionnaires were used as survey tools and 65 respondents from various private institutions filled the questionnaires. Data obtained from the questionnaires were analyzed using the Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS) for quantitative analysis. One-way ANOVA was used, followed by multiple comparison tests (Tukey and Fisher’s Least Significant Difference LSD). Cross-tabulation was used to analyze the results obtained from the questionnaires filled by respondents. The results obtained from this study shows that organizational politics has an effect on employee turnover in private institutions in Nigeria (p < .05). The results obtained from this study shows that although organizational politics may have some positive influence in an organization if used properly, the negative effects are more pronounced in employee turnover and the organization as a whole.
Keywords: Nigeria, Private Institutions, Organizational Politics.
A study of the effect of organizational politics on employee turnover in private institution in Nigeria
International Master in Business Administration (IMBA), Siam University, Bangkok, Thailand
- A case study of management failure in Mitigating employee turnover in the Hotel Industry
- A study of business opportunity and investment to Binh Buong, Vietnam
- A Research on Negotiated Interaction of Chinese Class in Bangyikhan Wittayakom School
- A study of Cai Rang floating market towards tourists’ satisfaction at Can Tho City in Vietnam
- The study on innovation of human resource management of Wuhan Education and training Company C in China
- Maximising employees’ work potential at Dangote group of companies limited, Nigeria
- The Status and Prospects of Internet Finance Credit Services at Bangkok: A Case Study Based on Ant Check Later