|Project Title:||Analysis of Strategic Management: A Case Study of Nintendo|
|Author:||Mr. Zhang Jinming
|Advisor:||Associate Professor. Li Chiao-Ming|
|Degree:||Master of Business Administration (International Program)|
|Major:||International Business Management|
2nd National and International Academic Conference “Innovation and Management for Sustainability” 15-16 December 2020
Zhang Jinming. (2021). Analysis of strategic management: A case study of Nintendo. (Master Independent Study). Bangkok: Siam University.
This research studied the Japanese console game manufacturer, Nintendo, as an example to analyze the reasons Nintendo still dominates the console game market in the 21st century.
The study analyzed Nintendo’s strategic management, financial status through data，and strategic management style adopted by Nintendo in the process of economic development. Nintendo has maintained its original market position in the most competitive time through its blue ocean strategy, and has established a firm foothold in the Internet era through a bilateral strategy using unique marketing strategies to expand its popularity and thereby expand the market. Through data analysis, it explained the shrinking status of the console game market, then,analyzed the deteriorating financial situation of Nintendo from 2014 to 2016, to illustrate the urgency and necessity of Nintendo’s reform. User data analysis and the Boston matrix was used to analyze the attractiveness of the mobile game industry. It pointed out that the mobile game industry was one of the most attractive industries. On this basis, it analyzed and evaluated the macro environment and competitive situation of mobile games. After comprehensively analyzing the case of Nintendo, this article puts forward some suggestions on the strategic management of the enterprise. This article used SWOT analysis and five forces analysis models to analyze Nintendo’s strategy and make recommendations for Nintendo’s strategic management.
Keywords: Blue Ocean Strategy, Bilateral Platform Strategy, Marketing Strategy.
Analysis of Strategic Management: A Case Study of Nintendo
Master of Business Administration (International Program), Siam University, Bangkok, Thailand
- Research on cross-cultural conflict management of multinational enterprises a case study of X Company
- Research on the inclusive culture construction of multinational corporations: A case study of BC corporation
- Study on Pension Industry from perspective of global economy: A case of Pingdingshan, Henan
- Study on consumer behaviors and marketing strategies in Yunnan Tea Market
- Research on Thai Small-Medium Enterprise Industry Analysis From Asean Economic Integration-Taking Manufacturing as an Example
- Development analysis report of Thai Enterprises under ASEAN Economic integration take exporting industry as an example
- Research on the influence of brand experience of tourist attractions on tourist behavior intention
- The influence of star effect on consumer behavior: Taking BBS as an example