|The role of Information and communication technology (ICT) in Myanmar|
|Author:||Mr. Ye Win Htut|
|Advisor:||Dr. Tanakorn Limsarun|
|Degree:||Master of Business Administration (International Program)|
|Major:||MBA in Strategic IT|
Htutt, Ye Win. (2019). The role of Information and communication technology (ICT) in Myanmar. (Independent study, Master of Business Administration). Bangkok: Siam University.
Technology, science, and innovation, which has been a decisive factor in economic and social development has made great contribution to the modern world. Innovations and new technologies provide not only an increase in GDP but also its qualitative, progressive change (Yanfei Li, 2018). The case of investigation is the Republic of the Union Myanmar, which is the second ASEAN country by extension with 676,578 km and the fifth by population, with 52.45 inhabitants in 2015 according to statistical sources from the country. Myanmar is trying to follow the advanced ICT technology of developed countries at the national level. The expansion of ICT infrastructure is relatively slow compared to efforts. ICT infrastructure, as well as e-commerce, e-government and distance education, is possible to utilize full number of elements if they are all equipped. The findings of this research found that ICT is knowledge-intensive in Myanmar and it requires a certain level of education and thinking skills (KY Nam, 2015). However, according to the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), the average duration of Myanmar education is four years. This low level of education and the lack of skilled workers resulted in Myanmar. It can be said that this is an important task. In Myanmar, the training of ICT technical personnel is carried out by the Ministry of Science and Technology.
Keywords: Myanmar ICT infrastructure, Myanmar ICT development, Myanmar ICT industry.
The role of Information and communication technology (ICT) in Myanmar
Master of Business Administration (International Program), Siam University, Bangkok, Thailand
- Impact of service quality and customer perception: A case study of private clinics in Myanmar
- The influence and prospect of digital marketing communication on purchase decision making process of youth consumer in Myanmar
- Importance of brand personality to customer loyalty in Myanmar telecom industries
- Opportunities and Risks of Foreign Direct Investment in Myanmar
- A study on the factors influencing Myanmar students’ choice of University courses
- The Study on Customer Behavior of Buying Private Car in Yangon, Myanmar
- A study of marketing strategy towards market development orientation: A case study of Asia World Company in Yangon, Myanmar
- Access to quality education and peacebuilding: A case study of internally displaced persons in Myitkyina, Kachin State, Myanmar
- A study of relationship between service quality and business Major Myanmar students’ satisfaction at three selected private universities in Bangkok, Thailand