|Project Title:||The Change in Consumer Behavior under the Internet Revolution: A Shift to Online Shopping|
|Author:||Miss Yuan Pengfei
|Advisor:||Dr. Tanakorn Limsarun|
|Degree:||Master of Business Administration (International Program)|
|Major:||International Business Management|
National and International Academic Conference “Innovation and Management for Sustainability” 9-10 July 2020
Yuan, Pengfei. (2020). The Change in Consumer Behavior under the Internet Revolution: A Shift to Online Shopping. (Independent study, Master of Business Administration). Bangkok: Siam University.
This paper focused on the change in consumer behavior under the Internet revolution and studied how companies can survive and stay competitive in this situation. Recently, a large number of companies were not doing well and even closed down. This paper mainly used documentary research method and found that there were two main factors affecting the change in consumer behavior, the Internet revolution and the popularity of online shopping. This paper first analyzed the background of the current Internet revolution, focusing on the number of users, infrastructure and applications. Then it analyzed the current state of online shopping, focusing on the online payment platform, convenience, and promotions. Next was the research on consumer behavior from two aspects, consumer habit and consumer psychology. It was found that consumer habits were gradually shifting from physical shopping to online shopping and consumer psychology is transforming shopping into something that can be enjoyed. This study suggested that companies should hold some large-scale promotional activities, create their own brand application or website to own both online and offline business, and provide a seamless shopping experience. Therefore, understanding these factors that change consumer behavior is of great significance for businesses.
Keywords: Internet revolution, Online shopping, Consumer behavior.
The Change in Consumer Behavior under the Internet Revolution: A Shift to Online Shopping
Master of Business Administration (International Program), Siam University, Bangkok, Thailand
- Impact of service quality and customer perception: A case study of private clinics in Myanmar
- The influence and prospect of digital marketing communication on purchase decision making process of youth consumer in Myanmar
- Importance of brand personality to customer loyalty in Myanmar telecom industries
- Opportunities and Risks of Foreign Direct Investment in Myanmar
- A study on the factors influencing Myanmar students’ choice of University courses
- The Study on Customer Behavior of Buying Private Car in Yangon, Myanmar
- A study of marketing strategy towards market development orientation: A case study of Asia World Company in Yangon, Myanmar
- Access to quality education and peacebuilding: A case study of internally displaced persons in Myitkyina, Kachin State, Myanmar
- A study of relationship between service quality and business Major Myanmar students’ satisfaction at three selected private universities in Bangkok, Thailand