|Project Title:||The Impact of COVID-19 Regulations on Supply Chains in the Automotive Industry
|Author:||Mr. Nikolaus Moos
|Advisor:||Dr. Tanakorn Limsarun|
|Degree:||Master of Business Administration (International Program)|
|Major:||International Business Management|
International Conference on Economics, Business and Interdisciplinary Studies (ICEBIS 2021) on 18 March 2022
Moos, Nikolaus. (2022). The impact of COVID-19 regulations on supply chains in the automotive industry. (Master’s independent study). Bangkok: Master of Business Administration Siam University.
The emergence of the coronavirus has changed many aspects in our lives. Some of them will probably remain. After two years, the pandemic is still not over. The governments have introduced strict regulations, especially in the beginning, in 2020 in order to stop the spread of the virus. Many regulations are affecting the international supply chains, especially the automotive supply chains, as they have many aspects of fragility, more than many other industries. In this paper the automotive supply chains and impacts of the international COVID-19 policies on them are analyzed. Afterwards advice is given on how supply chain managers can prepare better for such uncertainties in the future by literature review. The result is that supply chain managers should now rethink their supply chain structures. In the last years the automotive supply chains became more and more international, as trade barriers fell and transport costs sank. Now there is a turning point. Besides the pandemic regulations there are more influencing factors for this development, trade barriers are being rebuilt and transport costs are rising due to increasing carbon emission prices. The answer should be localization of supply chains to the markets, multiple sourcing for more (strategic) components and the introduction or increase of buffer stocks, to prevent possible supply chain disruptions. This is of course no overall advice to every company in the automotive industry, but the companies should rethink their strategies and revise their supply chain structures in the current situation.
Keywords: COVID-19 Regulations, Supply Chain, Automotive Industry.
The Impact of COVID-19 Regulations on Supply Chains in the Automotive Industry
Master of Business Administration (International Program), Siam University, Bangkok, Thailand
- Social Media as a New Market of the Chinese Enterprise
- Analysis of Market Opportunities and Change in Consumer Purchasing Behavior in The Internet Era
- How do Business Managers Guard Against the Conspiracy of Feminism
- The Change in Consumer Behavior under the Internet Revolution: A Shift to Online Shopping
- A Research on Agricultural Products Cold Chain Logistics in Guangxi Under the Background of Guangxi Free Trade Zone
- The influence of the cultural diversity on international business strategies formulation
- Customer Trust and Confidence Toward Startup Businesses
- Management Communication Research on Futong Group Communication Technology (Thai) Company
- Research on Human Resource Management of Family Business: A Case Study on Shandong Haiwang Chemical Co., Ltd
- What Make Your Customers Satisfy? A Case Study of Online Shopping