|Project Title:||Glass Ceiling Effect and Gender Inequality in Big Corporations
|Author:||Mr. Yoon Chang
|Advisor:||Dr. Tanakom Limsarun|
|Degree:||Master of Business Administration (International Program)|
|Major:||International Business Management|
National and International Academic Conference “Empowering Innovtion and Sustainability in the Next Normal” 27 November 2021
Yoon, Chang. (2021). Glass ceiling efect and gender inequality in big corporations. (Master’s independent study). Bangkok: Master of Business Administration Siam University.
Gender inequality is significant in big corporations, and is well-known that females are underrepresented in higher management functions and earn lower wages for the same work. Equal work for equal pay is not yet the standard in big corporations. This study aimed to investigate the determining factors that lead to this inequality. In this research, gender inequality is measured by the size of the wage gap and stagnation in career advancement. By means of a case study on past literature and research, this paper found that the Glass Ceiling Effect plays a significant role in maintaining this status quo. Gender stereotyping and current work-family arrangements are the core sources of the Glass Ceiling Effect that females experience, and in its place, the Glass Ceiling Effect ensures that females end up in lower paying sectors and encounter unfair treatment concerning receiving promotion.
Keywords: Glass ceiling effect, gender equality, wage gap, career advancement stagnation.
Glass Ceiling Effect and gender inequality in big corporations
Master of Business Administration (International Program), Siam University, Bangkok, Thailand
- Social Media as a New Market of the Chinese Enterprise
- Analysis of Market Opportunities and Change in Consumer Purchasing Behavior in The Internet Era
- How do Business Managers Guard Against the Conspiracy of Feminism
- The Change in Consumer Behavior under the Internet Revolution: A Shift to Online Shopping
- A Research on Agricultural Products Cold Chain Logistics in Guangxi Under the Background of Guangxi Free Trade Zone
- The influence of the cultural diversity on international business strategies formulation
- Customer Trust and Confidence Toward Startup Businesses
- Management Communication Research on Futong Group Communication Technology (Thai) Company
- Research on Human Resource Management of Family Business: A Case Study on Shandong Haiwang Chemical Co., Ltd
- What Make Your Customers Satisfy? A Case Study of Online Shopping