|Project Title:||The Rise of Freelance Work Among Millennials and its Implication on the Business Workforce Management
|Author:||Mr. Gilbert Ochavillo
|Advisor:||Dr. Tanakom Limsarun|
|Degree:||Master of Business Administration (International Program)|
|Major:||International Business Management|
National and International Academic Conference “Empowering Innovtion and Sustainability in the Next Normal” 27 November 2021
Ochavillo, Gilbert. (2021). The rise of freelance work among millennials and its implication on the business workforce management. (Master’s independent study). Bangkok: Master of Business Administration Siam University.
The current global workforce is dominated by the self-sufficient demographic cohort known as Millennials, and they were summoned by the Industrial Revolution. Millennial employees make a diverse working landscape in terms of habits, attitudes, choices, preferences, and conditions. As technology advances, the corporate world also witnessed changes in working arrangements, including the rise of freelance work. It came as no surprise that millennials were drawn to this phenomenon and how it directly impacts the workforce management of the business organization. The objective of this research was to reveal the reasons for the occurrence of freelance work among millennials, and the effects on workforce management of a firm. Knowing why millennials are attracted to freelance work will allow organizations to fine-tune their workforce management. The study was conducted through understanding information from various sources and the utilization of information channels such as books, journals, previous researches and studies, electronic sources, and other print media outlets. The findings revealed that millennials tend to quit their full-time jobs and choose freelance work because of disengagement from business organizations. Millennials are technologically inclined and they highly value the flexibility at work to ensure work-life balance. These were the determining reasons why millennials find freelance work very fitting as the nature of the work is flexible, non-restrictive, and it can be done remotely through computers and other portable devices. From these results, tips and strategies for better workforce management were suggested to the organizations in response to the ever-changing workforce trends.
Keywords: Millennials, Freelance Work, Workforce Management.
The Rise of Freelance Work Among Millennials and its Implication on the Business Workforce Management
Master of Business Administration (International Program), Siam University, Bangkok, Thailand
- Social Media as a New Market of the Chinese Enterprise
- Analysis of Market Opportunities and Change in Consumer Purchasing Behavior in The Internet Era
- How do Business Managers Guard Against the Conspiracy of Feminism
- The Change in Consumer Behavior under the Internet Revolution: A Shift to Online Shopping
- A Research on Agricultural Products Cold Chain Logistics in Guangxi Under the Background of Guangxi Free Trade Zone
- The influence of the cultural diversity on international business strategies formulation
- Customer Trust and Confidence Toward Startup Businesses
- Management Communication Research on Futong Group Communication Technology (Thai) Company
- Research on Human Resource Management of Family Business: A Case Study on Shandong Haiwang Chemical Co., Ltd
- What Make Your Customers Satisfy? A Case Study of Online Shopping