|Project Title:||The Key Sustainable Resource for the Companies Value – Intangible Assets
|Author:||Mr. Mariko Birger Otte
|Advisor:||Dr. Tanakorn Limsarun|
|Degree:||Master of Business Administration (International Program)|
|Major:||Human Capital Management|
National and International Academic Conference “Innovation and Management for Sustainability” 9-10 July 2020
Otte, Mariko Birger. (2020). The key sustainable resource for the companies value – intangible assets. (Independent study, Master of Business Administration). Bangkok: Siam University.
Essential resources of the economy had changed rapidly – an increasing number of software, brands, and online-data got the main assets of sustainable value for a company. These goods have no physical substance and are not financial assets; accounting setters referring them as intangibles. This documentary research used these intangible assets, analyzed their company’s value creation, showed various approaches of activation, along with future treatments in the balance sheet and the profit and loss statement. In particular, the key differences by self-developed- compare to purchased intangibles and a special kind of intangible asset, called Goodwill, was analyzed. This paper investigated the reason behind the measurable gap between balanced equity and the value of a company in the stock market. One explanation was that the international accounting standard setter could not agree on a Fair-Value accounting for every item. That leads to the cohesion of historical cost and Fair-Value assets in the balance sheet, making it difficult for any stakeholder to compare companies of the same type. The results showed that the work of the top management was harder to evaluate for shareholders, therefore, this independent study’s main task was to find a way to calculate the real value of intangible assets. The investigation ended with a suggestion to create a separate balance sheet called information balance. This balance focuses on delivering forecasts to provide the shareholders with the necessary information about the company.
Keywords: Intangible Assets, Sustainable Resources, Companies Value.
The Key Sustainable Resource for the Companies Value – Intangible Assets
Master of Business Administration (International Program), Siam University, Bangkok, Thailand
- Social Media as a New Market of the Chinese Enterprise
- Analysis of Market Opportunities and Change in Consumer Purchasing Behavior in The Internet Era
- How do Business Managers Guard Against the Conspiracy of Feminism
- The Change in Consumer Behavior under the Internet Revolution: A Shift to Online Shopping
- A Research on Agricultural Products Cold Chain Logistics in Guangxi Under the Background of Guangxi Free Trade Zone
- The influence of the cultural diversity on international business strategies formulation
- Customer Trust and Confidence Toward Startup Businesses
- Management Communication Research on Futong Group Communication Technology (Thai) Company
- Research on Human Resource Management of Family Business: A Case Study on Shandong Haiwang Chemical Co., Ltd
- What Make Your Customers Satisfy? A Case Study of Online Shopping