|Project Title:||The Impact of Digital Technology on Covid-19 in Human Capital Mangement and Employee Retention
|Author:||Miss Jasmehar Kaur
|Advisor:||Dr. Tanakorn Limsarun|
|Degree:||Master of Business Administration (International Program)|
|Major:||Human Capital Management|
2nd National and International Academic Conference “Innovation and Management for Sustainability” 15-16 December 2020
Kaur, Jasmehar. (2021). The impact of digital technology on Covid-19 in human capital mangement and employee retention. (Master Independent Study). Bangkok: Siam University.
Catastrophic developments initiated by COVID-19 pushed organizations worldwide to speed transformation into digital business operations. Human Capital Management (HCM) is integral for such transitions, enabling companies to deal effectively with the indefinite present and an uncertain future. It is the responsibility of HCM to manage human resources and their issues, especially in a crisis, to ensure continuity of operations and work-life synergy. This research paper aimed to investigate the function and effect of Digital Technology and Human Capital Management (HCM) on employee retention and effective business operations reducing the devastating outturn of the pandemic. The theories and functions of digital transformation, upskilled Human Capital Management and motivation that influence the worker’s retention level and effectiveness of business strategies, along with the studies conducted in the same area are stated in the literature review. This documentary research focused on factors and processes which can lead to effective employee retention and continuity of business operations even in the face of crises. The future is guaranteed to become more dynamic, digital, remote-friendly, collaborative, filled with augmented reality, changing policies, and employee welfare policies. It was recommended that this study be implemented into organizations’ structure for successful transitions in HR Departments and at the operational level with practical and constructive suggestions to be sustainable amid a crisis.
Keywords: Digital technology, Covid-19, Human Capital Management, Employee Retention.
The Impact of Digital Technology on Covid-19 in Human Capital Mangement and Employee Retention
Master of Business Administration (International Program), Siam University, Bangkok, Thailand
- Social Media as a New Market of the Chinese Enterprise
- Analysis of Market Opportunities and Change in Consumer Purchasing Behavior in The Internet Era
- How do Business Managers Guard Against the Conspiracy of Feminism
- The Change in Consumer Behavior under the Internet Revolution: A Shift to Online Shopping
- A Research on Agricultural Products Cold Chain Logistics in Guangxi Under the Background of Guangxi Free Trade Zone
- The influence of the cultural diversity on international business strategies formulation
- Customer Trust and Confidence Toward Startup Businesses
- Management Communication Research on Futong Group Communication Technology (Thai) Company
- Research on Human Resource Management of Family Business: A Case Study on Shandong Haiwang Chemical Co., Ltd
- What Make Your Customers Satisfy? A Case Study of Online Shopping